Literature is my Utopia. Here I am not disenfranchised. No barrier of the senses shuts me out from the sweet, gracious discourses of my book friends. They talk to me without embarrassment or awkwardness.

Helen Keller

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Every year, 12,500 children are diagnosed with a form of childhood cancer. Sarcoma, the form of cancer I have, accounts for 20% of all childhood cancer diagnosis. The parents and families affected by cancer have their worlds turned upside down, spend days, even months in the hospital watching one of the people they love the most suffer through seemingly endless treatments, pain, and frustrations that most people will never see. Please check out these childhood cancer items. I support childhood cancer research.  A donation to pediatric cancer research will be made for all merchandise sold this month in my stores.

"Children with cancer are like candles in the wind who accept the possibility that they are in danger of being extinguished by a gust of wind from nowhere and yet, they flicker and dance to remain alive, their brilliance challenges the darkness and dazzles those of us who watch their light."

No comments:

Post a Comment